Are you aiming to continue college but are not having enough time and resources to do so? Does your regular job disallow you to get back to school and finally earn that degree you have been dreaming of? Today is not the time to despair. There are now many online college degrees that are offered to online students. It is just logical that many online students have the wrong impression that online college degrees are the easy tickets to earning college diplomas. They are wrong. Who says online college programs are easy?
Just like all other college programs, education institutions and universities that offer online distance education have to make sure they are upholding the overall quality and discipline of online learners. Online college degrees are really convenient in a way that students are given their time and convenience to attend school right at the comfort of their homes whenever they are free of whenever they are in the condition to do so. But students are not spared from the many paper works and requirements that are important and are asked by facilitators as a basis of grading system. in fact, online college programs could require more from students than traditional colleges usually do. This is to make sure programs are becoming effective in instilling and disseminating knowledge.
What are the usual academic and program requirements that online students are expected to complete when they enroll in and complete online college degrees? Here are some of the most common.
• Students are required to complete weekly discussion guide questions. The number of such questions could vary depending on the course, the instructor or facilitator, and the basic requirement of the university.
• Online students must be able to post their respective responses to discussion and guide questions within set due dates. There are usually late penalties and consequences for lacking diligence. This is to make sure procrastination is fought off effectively.
• The learners are asked to meet word count and other content requirements when composing or writing essays and discussion question responses.
• Online universities expect online students to take active participation in online discussions within a forum. This is clearly stated in the rules and requirements provided before students finalize their enrollments.
• Online students are required to take active participation as well in a prescribed number of days in a week, which could vary depending on the instructor and the university. This could be a basis for online ‘attendance.’
• Online learners are required to post several substantive responses to forums with their classmates per week. This is like an actual class discussion and is usually taken as a basis for student participation in the class.
In addition, there are always weekly assignments and papers to complete like essays, book reports, work sheets, research papers, and case study analyses. Some online classes facilitate online quizzes, examinations, midterms, and even final tests. Again, responses to such requirements are posted within a required posting date. Failure to do so could jeopardize the online student’s rating or grade. Who says online college degrees are easy?